Mittwoch, 7. April 2010

Monatsbericht März

Dear Mr. President, dear Rotarians!


Coming back from my North trip, the remaining month of March gave me, first of all, a better idea of the summer heat in Mumbai. We just got used to the mild climate of Rajasthan and Utter Pradesh, where we could wear our old sweaters and jackets and woke up more early to get warm water for the morning shower, and suddenly, getting out of the airconditioned train, the immense heat welcomed us back home. What happned in the time we were away? I felt like coming into a huge oven, not even Thane appeared to be cooler. “Now you can imagine, what is waiting for you in the month of May”, my host families are telling me. I can not really imagine how the weather will become by then, since the heat of these days is already breaking all my records of living in high temperatures.


On the 14th of March I spontaneously changed my host families again. Now I am staying with Deepak and Ujwala, my third and last host family, who stays in Kalher. Though it is a bit far from the city, everyday they offer to take me towards Mulund or Thane station, from where I can move easily. I want to thank Vinay, Vidya and Pooja for the wonderful time together, for their help, advise and affection and also thank Deepak and Ujwala for their warm welcome. I am very grateful to have three quite different, but very loving host families who always support me and give me the beautiful feeling of being at home.


As I sometimes just felt too hot to go outside, I often spent the time writing on my German Blog about the last trip. There are so many new experiences and impressions to talk about, that I already wrote eight pages and have not yet finished.

Further on I visited a school for handicapped pupils, where I will start volunteering in April along with Keegan and two other exchange students, who also live nearby. The school is situated in Thane, around twenty students from the age of six to 25 are tought there. As we inbounds always have some speacial programs going on and also have the Himalaya trip left, we will not be able to help regularely, but go there as often as time permitts.

In the month of march I also got to know the temple Hare Ram Hare Krishna in Juhu, where I was taken to a beautiful dance program about Krishna's childhood. I was invited by the host family of Viviane and I again learned a bit more of the huge, nice mythology of India.


The airport of Mumbai was an other place, where I spent several hours: After the last meetings with Bruna during her birthday party for example, some of the Inbounds and me accompannied her on the sad way to the airport. With lots of tears we said goodbye, though knowing, that a life in Mumbai with a seriously broken leg would not really be enjoyable.

But at the same place, there was also a happening, that was not at all sad: On 27th of March my mother from Germany arrived in India, to spend two weeks of her Easter holidays with me and to get to know the city, where I lived through the last eight months. I am very happy she is with me and also she is really enjoying the city, that is so full of life, and getting to know the different culture, the food and, of course, the people – you! Right on the second day of her stay, my first host family showed us the Elephanta caves, which not even I had seen before. And there are lots of other places I want to show her, too!


Finally I again want to thank Rotary for making this exchange possible. Remembering that my time in India is limited and I have not even two months left, until I will fly back to my home country, I of course feel happy to come back to my old friends and family, though I also feel sad to leave India behind. But, even if my host fathers now start teasing me with the days that are left until my flight goes, I am sure I will enjoy the remaining time as much as I can.

Thank you for supporting me! Shukria!

Follower

Über mich

Mein Bild
Rotary-Austauschschülerin nach Mumbai