Mittwoch, 4. November 2009

Monatsbericht Oktober

Dear President, dear Rotarians,


In the last month again I got to know a new festival: Diwali was not only a loud and shining experience, but also an opportunity to be together with family and friends. My host family and me have again been to Badlapur in the house of father's parents, where we burned lots of firecrackers and I tried to do a Rangoli. We also have been to a relatives house in Ghatkopar and we had dinner in a noble restaurant in Mulund West to celebrate the festival of lights. Lastly I had a really good day with many of the other IYE-students, when my host family invited them for lunch to our house. As many of them do not get any kind of nonveg food in their host families, they were very enthused when they got the smell of chicken and pork sausages.

Apart from celebrating Diwali, the month of October was full of travelling. I got to know the famous Taj Hotel from inside, when all Germans staying in Mumbai were invited from the German consulate to celebrate our Day Of Unity, which was on 3rd of October. After almost three months two of the other Inbounds and me could again enjoy food of our home country – German bread, sausages and cabbage and real blackforest cherrycake are just a few things of the wide menu.
I also have pleasent memories of Nashik, where my host parents showed me many tempels, a huge museum of mineral stones, the caves of the Pandavas brothers and the holy river Godavari. They also took me to Thane, where we have been to a circus – someties I really suffered with the artists, playing with fire, knifes or balancing themselves on running horses.
By my second host family I have been invited to a concert of classical Indian music, which took place in Sion. The music full of rhythm and power was really amazing.
Last but not least I have visited the capital of India, actually I just came back from the RYLA in Dehli, where 16 other Inbounds and me stayed in a meditation centre of the Brahma Kumaris. Unfortunately we did not see so much from the city itself, but we got to know many new people and also, through the theme sessions, ourselves a bit better. On the last day we were taken to the biggest temple complex of all Asia: Also if we could not take any photos of the beautiful Akshardham temple, we all enjoyed a lot and carry the images of the statues, the story of Swami Narayan and the fountain show in our memories.

But I also learned in the ast month: To practise for Mood Indigo in December Michael and me have now started inventing a choreography of many different kinds of Western dancing. Mother taught me how to stich and in teamwork we already completed the first item, a beautiful and warm cap, which I surely will use on my Himalaya trip next year. Over all I joined Hindi classes or some days, which already helped me to understand some new sentences.

Finally I would like to thank you for integrating me so much in your community. Looking foreward to the South India trip, which will start on 9th of November, I am sure I will again have a lot to write about. Thank you for your support!

Follower

Über mich

Mein Bild
Rotary-Austauschschülerin nach Mumbai