Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2009

Monatsbericht November

Dear Mr. President dear Rotarians!


In the last month I got to know so many new places of India like never before. In the short time of only fiveteen days, nineteen exchange students and I were taken to the very south of the beautiful country. We visited Cochin, Munnar, Thekkaddy, Madurai, Kovalam, Alleppey and we could even watch the amazing sunset on the very tip of India in Kanyakumari.

Our timetable was full of action: We sat on elephants, we visited a tea museum, watched dance programs like the typical Kattakali, we saw old churches and the famous Sri Minakshi temple; We took a lot of photos and also learned about the Indian culture. Quite a lot of time we spent sitting in the bus or in the train on the way to our next destiny. But we never got bored sharing our experiences, discussing about the different traditions and habits, compairing our homes with each other and with India. Thanks to this intensive time together, I feel, we became a really strong and powerful group of young people.

The south trip was crowned with four relaxing days in Goa, where we all had so much fun doing watersports, lying on the beach, exploring the surroundings or jumping into the swimming pool. Honestly we also spent a lot of money buying jewellery, light skirts that help to survive in the incredible heat and I also bought a mask of wood.

Before we could be sad that the trip was over, we were again taken to an adventure RYLA in Vikramgadh. 300 young people got together in a school complex, where many activities were preparated. Unfortunately everything was organized in such an exagerated strict way, that space for freedom or to develop our own creativity was not given.


The few days I spent in Mumbai in the last month should not be forgotten either: I attended an Indian wedding for the first time, and I put on one of the beautiful Sarees my first host mother gave to me.

Last but not least in the gap between South trip and Adventure RYLA I had a big change: The 25th of November I packed my bags in the Divine Express Society in Mulund. My stay in the house of family Mokashi ended with a very tasty dinner. I thank you for the long, intensive time, in which you showed me so much about the spirit Indias – the mythology, the religion and also the dos and don'ts. Thank you for patiently helping me to get used to this huge country India, that is so different to where I come from.

I also want to thank family Kulkarni, who gave me a warm and hearty welcome to their home in Thane. I am looking foreward to our time together!


I really enjoy my stay in India. So much has happened in the last time, that I am still not through with the reports for my German friends and family. I am happy to be here and very grateful for your support. Thank you!

Follower

Über mich

Mein Bild
Rotary-Austauschschülerin nach Mumbai