Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009

Monatsbericht September

Dear Mr. President, dear Rotarians

Writing this I just came back from my Yoga class, which I still enjoy doing. Although the climate is so hot I like the exercise and I always feel refreshed and relaxed after coming home.

The main attraction of the last month, that comes into my mind is, of course, Nauratri. I had a great time playing Dandiya and Garba, listening to the loud music with it's strong rythm and getting to know some stories of Ramayana, like for example about the fight between Ram and Ravan. And I did not only hear these stories: mother and father also took me a drama place in Dadar, where I could watch how Hanuman brings a mountain from the jungle to save Rams brother Laxman. I also was witness of a burning of Ravan in the night of Dassera. This deamon really did not have to suffer for a long time: Although the statue was so huge, the fire engulfed it in a few seconds time, accompanied by loud firecrackers, that exploded right above us.
Before we went to this spectacle, my host family and me have spent the day of Dassera in Badlapur, where we gave "Sona" to the grandparents.

Apart from the Nauratri-time, in September I got a better idea of Mumbai's National Park. Three times I have been there: My second host family invited me to a spicy, but very tasty dinner in Golden Swan; with my host family I had the chance to see the green areas and, though it rained so much this day, we also came across some monkeys and dears and lastly I participated in a hiking tour through the wildness with two Inbounds and many other youngstars.
I also have been to South Mumbai and Bandra, to Ulhasnagar, where a big birthday party of one of the Inbounds took place and I have been to to Vasai, where I got to know the home of mother's brother and his family. Not to forget I saw my third host families house in Kalher! As long as Mistchief and Chocolate are not around it is very quiet and cosy, but I am full of hope both of the dogs will get used to me soon, when I will come there.

Still feeling the excitement of Nauratri I am looking foreward to October - I already heard about Diwali, the festival of lights, and I suppose it will be a great experience.
Thank you for supporting me!

Follower

Über mich

Mein Bild
Rotary-Austauschschülerin nach Mumbai